Get Help

Foodbank vouchers

Our foodbank works using a voucher referral system. Find out more about how we work.

We are now operating an e-voucher system. Paper vouchers are no longer valid.

We know that anyone can find themselves at crisis point for a number of different reasons.


Call our free national helpline

If you are in financial crisis and live in England or Wales, please call our free national helpline, Help through Hardship, on 0808 2082138 for free (open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, closed on public holidays) to talk confidentially with a trained Citizens Advice adviser. They can help address your crises and provide support to maximise your income, help you navigate the benefits system, and identify any additional grants you could be entitled to. If needed, they’ll issue you with a voucher so you can get an emergency food parcel from your local food bank.


You can also be ‘referred’ or ‘recommended’ by a number of agencies like B&NES Council, Citizens Advice, some schools, some GP’s services, social workers etc. 

If you have already received a parcel and need another, please return to the agency who first arranged the food. 

If you are a new client and need food and are unsure who to contact please call B&NES Council Welfare Support on  01225 477 277 (Mon-Fri 9-4pm) or call the National Freephone Number 0808 208 2138 (Mon-Fri 9-5pm); this is a joint project between Citizens Advice and the Foodbank – see above. 

When you contact a referral agency they will take some basic details from you to complete the voucher. This will help them to identify the cause of your crisis and offer practical guidance. It also means we are able to prepare suitable emergency food for the right number of people.

For more information on food parcels during Covid-19, click here

If you are a referral agency and would like to become a registered voucher holder for our foodbank, please contact us to find out more.

Back to Get Help